Congressional Art Competition
The 17th Congressional District of Florida is excited to announce our participation in the 2016 Congressional Art Competition. Each spring, a nation-wide high school art competition is sponsored by the Members of the U.S. House of Representatives. The contest is an opportunity to recognize and encourage the artistic talent in the nation, as well as in our Congressional District.
he overall winner will have their artwork hung in the United States Capitol for one year and two complimentary airline tickets from Southwest Airlines to attend a reception in Washington, D.C. In addition, I will have a sub category called ‘Fan Favorite’ the top three ranked pieces will be displayed on my Facebook page for one week. Each “Like” counts as one vote, the artwork with the most ‘likes’ is the Facebook Fan Favorite! There is not an award for the Fan Favorite, other than having their artwork hung in my Washington, D.C. office, presence on my Facebook page and bragging rights.
For more information about participating in the 2016 Congressional Art Competition, please contact Dana Goulet in my Punta Gorda office at (941) 575-9101.
- Artwork must be two-dimensional. Each framed artwork can be no larger than 28 inches high, 28 inches wide, and 4 inches deep. If your artwork is selected as the winning piece, it must arrive in Washington, D.C. framed.
- Artwork does not need to be framed for the judging process.
- My staff will collect the art from students and teachers at their schools no later than Friday, March 4, 2016.
- Judging will be held in my Punta Gorda office on March 7, 2016.
- Accepted mediums: paintings, drawings, collages, prints, mixed media, computer-generated art and photography
- Students must submit a Student Information and Release Form. The Student Information and Release Form are both available through my office and website.
- A copy of the Student Information and Release Form, signed by the teacher, a parent or guardian, and the student, must be securely attached to the back of the artwork. Please retain a copy for your records.